I'm not buying it

Pay day has come and gone.
 
Detoxing is nearly done.
 
The little extension between posts is down to me finding this process really hard. I haven't been putting myself in the way of temptation like I usually would. Still, the devil on my shoulder has been doing overtime!

Wills Moody was nearly my undoing (photo by Tori Mayo)


Over the bank holiday weekend I had a stall at the Wills Moody Jumble Sale at The Lexington in Islington. I love this place. There's always a really good mix of vintage and cool high street fashion at proper jumble prices.

I knew this would be torture for me as I wouldn't be able to resist taking a peak at the other stalls.


M&S cardigan,  resisted at only £3 (photo by Tori Mayo)


I spotted a couple of pairs of gorgeous cat eye spectacle frames, a 70s handmade summer top, elastic gladiator flats, a Chanel-style jacket, blue brocade belt and a gold bracelet.


Blue brocade belt, on sale at £5 (by Tori Mayo)
70s handmade wrap top, £10 (photo by Tori Mayo)

When the going gets tough the tough get swapping. I bent the rules. I might have mentioned the 'I'm not buying it' detox to some of the stall holders and that I'd be open to swapping things from my stall.

The seller of the bracelet was happy to swap it for a hair band and the belt owner came over at the 11th hour and negotiated an exchange for a pair of cocktail glasses. I have to be honest with regard to the 70s top. I asked the seller for her details so I could buy it at a later date. To my surprise she suggested I take it with me and pay for it at the end of the challenge. So no money changed hands and I was very touched by her trusting nature.

I managed to sell the cropped trousers of my last post. But I'm keen to get them replaced pronto.

Clearly I'm finding this tough and wangling my way around it at every turn. 

It was a real buzz to get new things from the jumble sale. Still, I'll admit to looking on the internet with a view to picking up a few things I've been watching once this experiment is over. It's like I have a mental check list of clothes I want and I can't rest until I've acted on my thoughts. This is especially true when I'm looking to replace something I've really loved and got my money's worth out of.

Many of them are one offs so I haven't wanted to draw too much attention to them in case they get snapped up by my fellow enthusiasts!

I have to share this one with you though. It's so cute!


Vintage bathing suit

I've got a trip to Greece coming up soon. A pair of Aldo gold gladiator sandals at £6.99 would be perfect. I'm praying they are still in the charity shop next week!!

So, there's only two days left to go.

I'm winning so far - just.

Watch this space for the post challenge analysis.







No comments:

Post a Comment